Tuesday 14 July 2015

A trip down under-Day 5

Howdy!

I still cant believe I'm actually sticking to this, I'm hoping to last at least a week though. Today I woke up a lot later than I have been which was good. We then went to town to look around the shops, go to the bank and do some food shopping in Woolworths (or wollies as aussies call it). I always find it fascinating looking around a different countries supermarket to see all the different brands and foods they have! However I was surprised to see a lot of the things were exactly the same as in the UK.

After that we went back home and had lunch before taking a drive to halfway mountain and from there we walked right to the top. I always find walks very refreshing especially when I walk off ahead of everyone else and get some alone time with nature. Along the way I also saw some boys doing abseiling down the mountain which was very brave but I think I could do that one day! 

At the top there was an absolutely breathtaking view of the land and rivers and sea in the distance. We just spent ages taking it all in and playing 'king of the Castle' as some might say. The walk wasn't too bad either and it was very sunny and warm which was a bonus. 

After walking back down we headed home to play cards with grandma, have dinner (which was steak on the barbeque with corn on the cob) and play more cards.

The weather has been especially cold tonight however as long as you're inside with heating on its fine! During the day ever since I got here its been blue skies and nice and sunny which always makes everything feel better and in the sun it is incredibly warm!

Anyways here the pictures I took today:

0 comments:

Post a Comment